Learn how to use Microsoft Shifts that comes as part of Microsoft Teams. Shifts in Microsoft Teams is a schedule management tool that helps you create, update, and manage schedules for your team.
- Schedules – Create a schedule from scratch or import an existing one from Excel. A Shifts schedule displays days at the top while team members appear on the left. And if you’re an owner of multiple teams, toggle between different Shifts schedules to manage them.
- Day Notes – Add notes to share important news and reminders for a specific day.
- Groups – Name a group like a job function or location to keep your groups organized. Then, add people to a group.
- Shifts – Choose a slot to assign a shift. Create it from scratch, or copy from an existing one — and don’t forget to add activities like training or a specific task. Add open shifts to your schedule that anyone can request. If you need to review shift coverage, view your schedule by people or shift type.
- Requests – Review requests for time-off, shift swaps, or offers.
- Time Clock – Turn on Time Clock to let your team clock in and out of a shift with a mobile device. Enable location detection to ensure team members clock in from a designated work site.
- Share – As you edit a schedule, it’ll save automatically but your team only sees the updates when you’ve shared it out.
- Export or Copy – Look at your schedule in a spreadsheet by exporting it to excel. If you need to re-use a Shifts schedule, copy it to the date range you want.