Toronto, ON (March 20, 2013)- Point Alliance staff volunteered a half day at the Daily Bread Food Bank in Toronto, sorting, checking, boxing and loading food donations that would be distributed throughout the city.
2012 Key Hunger Statistics
- 799,500 – Visits to Daily Bread member agencies from April 2011 to March 2012
- 32% Of food bank visits are children
- 25% Of children go hungry at least once a week in the GTA
- 45% Of adults go hungry at least once a week
- 71% Of income is spent on housing
- $691 Is the median monthly income for a food bank client
About the Daily Bread Food Bank
Daily Bread Food Bank is fighting to end hunger in our communities.
As the hub of the food bank community in Toronto, Daily Bread supports approximately 170 member agencies in running different kinds of food relief programs. Our agencies run neighbourhood food banks where people come to access food hampers, as well as meal programs where people can access prepared meals such as soups or casseroles.