Point Alliance consultants brought the necessary methodology, expertise and industry-standard migration tools to assist us with this initiative. They were flexible in providing on-site and remote consulting services to work with our internal business and technical teams to mitigate risk and ensure migration success.
- Understand what exists. IBM Lotus Notes applications can be found across the entire enterprise and can be deeply entrenched in the company’s business processes.
- Because of the nature of Lotus Notes, these applications could have been developed by technical and non-technical staff and may reside on production servers (or servers that the organization did not even know existed).
- Identify what truly needs to be migrated. Rationalization starts with categorizing each application into a functional grouping which is mapped to a corresponding solution. These groupings enable better informed decisions about where to allocate investments.
- While Microsoft platforms can often be a destination for these applications, Point Alliance takes an objective, platform neutral approach to its recommendations for target solution platforms.
- Execute (Modernize/Migrate)
- Transform your applications and minimize business disruption. Transformation leverages a factory-style migration and remediation effort, often resulting in multiple waves of re-platforming (these may happen in a parallel or serial process).
- Archive & Retire
- Only migrate what is necessary. Shutting down the Lotus Domino platform and actively retiring Lotus Notes applications is often the final step.
The Point Alliance Methodology, industry-standard migration tools, unique intellectual property, onsite and remote consultants, and a proven track record combine to mitigate risk and ensure migration success that can scale to meet the needs of organizations of all sizes.
Founded in 2002, Point Alliance consultants has been working with messaging and collaboration platforms since before our inception. We continue to support numerous clients of various sizes on the IBM Lotus platform throughout North America and Caribbean.
Key benefits of our process include:
- Proven methodologies
- Minimizing business risk
- Significant cost savings
- Rapid delivery
- Scalable delivery model
- Predictable outcomes