Transitioning from IBM Lotus Notes and Domino to a new technology platform reduces costs and complexity and enables companies to better leverage existing technology investments.
The Point Alliance Methodology, industry-standard migration tools, unique intellectual property, onsite and remote consultants, and a proven track record combine to mitigate risk and ensure migration success that can scale to meet the needs of organizations of all sizes.
Application Migration and Retirement for IBM Lotus Notes Domino
- Understand what exists. IBM Lotus Notes applications can be found across the entire enterprise and can be deeply entrenched in the company’s business processes.
- Because of the nature of Lotus Notes, these applications could have been developed by technical and non-technical staff and may reside on production servers (or servers that the organization did not even know existed).
- Identify what truly needs to be migrated. Rationalization starts with categorizing each application into a functional grouping which is mapped to a corresponding solution. These groupings enable better informed decisions about where to allocate investments.
- While Microsoft platforms can often be a destination for these applications, Point Alliance takes an objective, platform neutral approach to its recommendations for target solution platforms.
- Execute (Modernize/Migrate)
- Transform your applications and minimize business disruption. Transformation leverages a factory-style migration and remediation effort, often resulting in multiple waves of re-platforming (these may happen in a parallel or serial process).
- Archive & Retire
- Only migrate what is necessary. Shutting down the Lotus Domino platform and actively retiring Lotus Notes applications is often the final step.
Key benefits of our process include:
- Proven methodologies
- Minimizing business risk
- Significant cost savings
- Rapid delivery
- Scalable delivery model
- Predictable outcomes
Call me, John Zarei at 416-943-1557 to schedule a 10-minute virtual coffee. This is how we started (and kept) our business growing; simply by solving one client problem at a time. I look forward to meeting you.
We hope you have found this edition of “To The Point” by John Zarei to be helpful and informative. Look out for our next installment as we continue to explore unique topics from business to the latest technology.
We want to hear your point! If you have any ideas, suggestions or any questions about our weekly blog, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Point Alliance Team